Pupils in P4-7 are building their reading skills, along with their love of reading, using Accelerated Reader in classrooms all year long.
Now, they can enjoy even more of those reading experiences at home. In addition to reading books of their choice that help them grow as readers, they also can complete AR quizzes that help monitor their progress when they are out of school.
Tips for families to support student learning at home
- Use ARbookfind.com (www.arbookfind.com) to search for books you may have at home or nonfiction articles students can read digitally in AR/AR360.
- Work with your child to monitor progress.
- If AR goals are set, support your students by monitoring their AR goals.
- Understand how teachers are monitoring progress to support student completion of work
Further information about AR can be found here: https://www.renaissance.com/2016/09/09/parents-guide-renaissance-accelerated-reader-360/?_ga=2.101991816.824167995.1583874815-1334093172.1583345573
Recommended use of AR if your child is off school for an extended period of time:
– Weekly – pupils will read:
∘ (2) AR articles of their choice and complete the quiz for each article.
∘ (1-3) books based on ZPD or Lexile Level and take AR quizzes