Our Plans For This Year
Our Community Group have set up a Food Bank with all donations being delivered to Cyrenians for distribution within Aberdeen. This has helped us with the values of Respect and Fairness.
The food bank has been very popular and our school community have been very generous.
Thank you to everyone who has helped.
The Community Group have been working towards a variety of TARGETS this year. Our aim is to help children create a sense of belonging within their community helping them to feel Healthy, Included, Respected and Responsible within their school. We agreed our TARGETS with Hazel The Squirrel our school mascot.
• Improve our school grounds creating a values garden
• Organise and promote a Family Festive event in partnership with our Parent Council
• Create a Food Bank collection point within the school for Cyrenians and support their work
• Help to raise money for RNLI and Scottish Mountain Rescue throughout the year and learn about their work
• Encourage 100% of pupils to sign up to a library in their local community
• Promote responsible dog ownership in our local community
• Plan and promote a whole school litter pick within our community in partnership with Keep Scotland Beautiful and ACC
• Grow our own vegetables
COMMUNITY ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR
• Bulb planting at Hazlehead park
• Held the Christmas Jumper Day on December 4th
• Supported The Family Festive Disco with The Parent Council helping them to raise over £1800 for the school and our chosen charities this year
• Agreed themes of Christmas hampers and encouraged pupils to enter the raffle helping to raise £332 for RNLI and £332 for Aberdeen Mountain Rescue
• We created a Food Bank for Cyrenians and promoted their charity and what it does within the school
- Working in partnership with ‘The Council Gardener’ Daniel Shand to plant begonias, sunflowers and sweet peas to brighten up our courtyard garden