Important Helplines And Assistance
Aberdeen City Council have created 2 important helplines for any families who are struggling at the moment.
Please use them if you or your family need assistance.
Virtual School Helpline 01224 523322
ACC Crisis Support Line 0800 0304 713
There will be children living in families where domestic violence is a feature of daily life at the moment. If you or if you know someone experiencing Domestic Abuse please report it. Helpline – 08000271234 or safer.scot. Police – 999 or 101
The Lord Provost is to launch a fund to support individuals and families affected by COVID-19. The initial fund is £100k but it is anticipated that this will be matched by the Common Good Fund and added to by other funding streams. Individuals and families can phone the ACC Crisis Support Line 0800 0304 713 to access funds. The funding criteria will be:
- People suffering financial hardship as a result of COVID-19
- People whose income has been directly affected by COVID-19 – a reduction of 50% or more of household income
- Individuals with an income of less than 20k
- Families with an income of less than 30k
- Other support options must have been explored
- People can only apply once every 31 days
The maximum for an individual application will be £200 and for a family £300.