Foyer Families is a 16-week fully funded programme created and delivered by Aberdeen Foyer which will help you to:
- Achieve accredited learning and employability skills
- Progress into further education and employment
- Support your child’s development through learning and play
- Improve the health and wellbeing of yourself and your family
- Aberdeenshire: 7 March 2023-29 June 2023
- Aberdeen City: 7 March 2023-29 June 2023
- Online: 7 March 2023-29 June 23
This course will run
Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
9.30am to 2.30pm
Aberdeen Foyer is working in partnership with North East Scotland College to deliver a City & Guilds Extended Level 1 Certificate in Employability skills. REHIS Food Hygiene and Pediatric First Aid certificates will also be available during the course. Child development workshops will also be delivered.
Additional support such as childcare provision and access to digital kit can also be provided during the course.
The course will be delivered online with access to course leaders and personalised support.
Is this course for me?
If you Are a parents/carer with children under 12 looking to do any of the following:
- Develop personal confidence
- Meet other parents and contribute to shared learning
- Take part in a meaningful team experience
- Obtain accredited qualifications
- Learn how to further support your child’s learning and play in everyday life
- Consider if further education, training, or work is a possibility for you
Then this course is for you.
As part of Foyer Families you’ll complete 5 City and Guilds units:
- Building personal confidence
- Contributing to healthy living
- Effective skills and qualities for learning and work
- Coping with change
- Managing personal finance
- A range of course related activities to boost productivity, team building and personal confidence
- You will also gain a broader understanding of how learning and play contributes to child development.
- Attend wellbeing sessions including: Mindfulness, Stretch and Tone and Tai Chi
- Be invited to course-related talks from a range of external organisations and partners
Week 1/2: Getting to know you
A chance to get to know one another and set the foundation for an exciting journey with Foyer Families.
Week 3/4: Building personal confidence
Working together to understand personal confidence, while branching out into related activities to help build your own personal confidence.
Week 4/5: Contributing to own healthy living
Looking closely at what contributes to a healthy lifestyle. Guided cooking sessions and Food Hygiene will be used to support your learning along with a range of relevant activities.
Week 6/7: Effective skills and qualities
Working together to highlight and build upon existing skills to prepare you for the working and learning environment.
Week 8/9: Managing personal finance
Focusing on planning and preparation you will gain the skills to develop budget plans and financial inclusion sessions will help you to manage your finances.
Week 10/11/12: Coping with change
Encourages you to explore the different types of change, including the impact of change and strategies to help you to cope with change.
Week 13/14: Skills development
Helping you to build your CV for potential job opportunities and preparing you for mock interviews and build progression pathways.
Week 15/16: What’s next?
Reviewing 16-week programme with discussion about future steps and finally your graduation!
Bryan MacKay M: 07880 031 878
Katie Summers (Aberdeenshire) M: 07979 199 896
Aimee Mackay (Under 25s) M: 07918 664 807
Angela Main (Aberdeen City) M: 07467 919784
Tev Warrander (Learning Team Leader) M: 07930 605 887,
If you would like to sign up/refer to the programme please click on the link https://app.upshot.org.uk/signup/7c71f879/