Calling our Swimmers and Runners….!
Please see below for information about the upcoming Scottish Schools Biathlon event at ASV .
Scottish Schools Biathlon Qualifier
Sunday 19 November -Aberdeen Sports Village, AB24 5RU
We are fortunate to be able to use the top class facilities at Aberdeen Sports Village for our Scottish Schools Biathlon Championships 2023.
This year’s event also includes a team competition. Team entry fee is free with payment of individual fee.
Awards will be given for 1st-6th place individuals and 1st – 3rd place teams. All those who complete will receive a certificate and a Scottish Pentathlon item of clothing.
This event is also a Qualifier for British Schools Biathlon Championships which will take place Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 March at Bath University. Although not confirmed, we think boys will compete on Saturday and girls will compete on Sunday.
How it works
The event starts at 8.30am. (Registration will open at 8.00am) First prizegiving will be at approximately 12.00pm. Exact times for swim and run will be given 4 days before the event.
All athletes swim first from 8.30-10.30am. It is a timed swim with the distance depending on age. Between 10.30am-12.30pm athletes will run the distance depending on age (see table). The faster swim and run, the more points you get with your times being converted into swim points and run points. The points are added together and the person with the most points wins.
The top three scoring individuals from the same affiliated club or school in each class will create a team. This means that if the club has more than three qualifying individuals in a class, the best three scores will be taken on the day of the Championships.
Age Category and Distances
|Age Category||AGE||DATE OF BIRTH||SWIM DISTANCE||RUN DISTANCE|
|Year 3||7-8||1st September 2015 – 31st August 2016||25m||400m|
|Year 4||8-9||1st September 2014 – 31st August 2015||25m||400m|
|Year 5||9-10||1st September 2013 – 31st August 2014||50m||800m|
|Year 6||10-11||1st September 2012 – 31st August 2013||50m||800m|
|Year 7||11-12||1st September 2011 – 31st August 2012||50m||800m|
|Year 8||12-13||1st September 2010 – 31st August 2011||100m||1600m|
|Year 9||13-14||1st September 2009 – 31st August 2010||100m||1600m|
|Year 10||14-15||1st September 2008 – 31st August 2009||200m||1600m|
|Year 11||15-16||1st September 2007 – 31st August 2008||200m||1600m|
|Year 12/13||16-18||1st September 2005 – 31st August 2007||200m||1600m|
Who can enter
- All athletes born between 31 August 2016 – 1 September 2005. (Athletes must be able to swim the distance required unaided in a 25m pool.)
- All athletes must be a GB Pentathlon member or a day member. Athletes can register to become a member at https://pentathlongb.sport80.com/public/wizard/a/352/home
- Cost of annual GB Pentathlon membership is £20.00 for the year and £6.50 for the day.
- The system will then let you enter the event. If you have problems with the PGB system you can phone them on 01225 386808, they are very helpful.
How to enter
- Enter online at https://www.pentathlongb.org.
- Pay your £10.00 entry fee once you have paid your GB Membership (athletes already members do not have to pay £6.50 day membership if their membership is still in date.)
- Entries close Friday 3 November 2023 or before if full.
Any other queries contact email@example.com