P4 have started their new IDL – Famous Scottish Inventors!
We have decided that our big questions for this IDL will be:
- Who are the famous Scottish inventors?
- Why were the inventions made and who made them?
- On average, how many household items were invented in Scotland?
- How have the inventions changed over time?
- Which invention is used most often across the world?
So far, we have worked in small groups to research a Scottish inventor. We used the iPads to find out a bit about their life and their invention(s). We then created a poster to show this information and presented them to the class. We made it into a competition to see who could create the best poster – the winners were Cara, Tania and Melody!
We also created a timeline on the ground outside, and recorded the iinventor’s date of birth.